Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Found! Fun Kitchen Curtain Fabric

Since we moved into our house  I have been wanting to spruce up the windows in our kitchen with some fun curtains.  We had finally decided on a color scheme and the renovation is 75% complete so I figured now is as good a time as any to find some fabric and then try my hand at making some no-sew curtains.  Anyway after a long search for some fabric with some aqua/turquoise in it and something that is fun and kitchen appropriate I found it!!!!!



The fabric is designed by Bari J Ackerman for Windham Fabrics. It is from the FULL BLOOM collection and I found it on Ebay for $3.50 a yard.  It came super fast and I'm hoping to start making them this week.  Here is my inspiration photo that I found from graphic designer Kimberly Shaws blog here http://kimberlyshaw.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/02/best-teapot-fabric.html

She has an amazing shop where she has teacup accessories, stickers, etc.  I love that she used pom pom trim on hers and I think I may steal this idea too although I plan on making full curtain panels instead of just a valance.  Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. so cute, kelly! i can't wait to see the curtains you make in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much Cassie! I know funky and bright prints like this aren't everyones cup of tea but I loved it and it makes me happy so I just had to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly! What a cute fabric! I love it! And I took a peek at those frenchy chairs! I hope you got them! They are lovely! And about the plates....they are by Chris Madden from JC Penney. That particular pattern is called Felice and isn't available any more, but there is another one that is very similar! Thanks so much for dropping by!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, OMG..too cute for words!! I can't wait until I can see how this is going to look in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an impressive kitchen fabric it seems to be. I would like to appreciate you for sharing such an impressive fabric with us.

    EPDM Coatings

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color of that curtain is perfectly lovely, I bet your kids loved the compliment of the color you have chosen. I really just can't help my self dropped by for Halo fabrics stuff that are being shared in the net. Thanks for sharing this lovely one.

    ReplyDelete