Monday, March 7, 2011

New Houseplants and Some Milk Glass

I have to confess, I don't have that much of a green thumb for the indoors... I do a lot better with planting things outside and I'm getting really excited about the upcoming planting season but until I can actually plant outside I decided to brighten things up a bit inside.  I bought this little jade plant  a little over 2 weeks ago at the grocery store and she is doing really well in the bright spot I placed her in, I have read many times that Jade plants are hard to kill so she is right up my alley!

On a side note I bought the little pot at Homegoods! I just love that place!

I bought this moss plant over the past weekend while I was in a local garden center looking at flower seeds and bulbs with my Mom

I just loved how drapey she was:) so feathery and feminine looking.  I did a little research after getting her home and they prefer shade over sun so I haven't found the perfect spot for her yet, maybe in my bedroom since I don't get as much sun in there as I do in the living room/dining room areas...

About a month ago I purchased this little milk glass urn from  a consignment/antique shop close to my house and I didn't really have a purpose for it I just really liked it and knew I'd find a use for it eventually...



So I decided to plop my little mossy plant in it and I really like the striking contrast of the bright white milk glass and the deep green moss! 

So what are you doing these days to welcome spring into your home? Are you planning your spring planting like me and waiting on pins and needles?

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I am dying to buy some new plants but haven't seen anything I like yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Emily! I can't seem to stay out of Garden Centers these days, seeing all the new spring offerings is making me crazy!

    ReplyDelete